Geometric Modeling library

Find out how to get that @*&^$&@ thing to compile!

Geometric Modeling library

Postby tim_mcd » Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:14 am

I'm trying to port an open source 3d library which provides all the key modeling features needed for a basic cad system to OS X. The library in question is SvLis a Set-theoretic Kernel Geometric Modeler (http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ensab/G_mod/Svlis/svlis.html).

After some fiddling with the make file i can get the library and test programs to compile with c++. Several of the test programs run ok (happily calculating the surface area and volume, of object after boolean operations).

When i attempt to run the graphical test programs (they use GLUT to output images) the program reports errors along the lines of NSAutoReleaseNoPool, then crashes.

The files compile properly using c++ as opposed to cc in the make file but fail when they try to use any graphics procedures. i'm guessing c++ can't link objective-C frameworks. I anyone knows otherwise i would be happy to change my opinions.

I'm also not having much luck with compiling the files inside project builder. The linker keeps giving undefined symbol errors when run.

The developers are helpful but seem to code mainly on straight unix machines with X11 for output to quote;

``I'm afraid that pressure of time means that I'm now really only supporting the Unix versions, and also I have almost 0 experience of Macs.''

Many Thanks

Tim
tim_mcd

Return to Compile Problems