another ld: warning can't open dynamic library ... How do I

Find out how to get that @*&^$&@ thing to compile!

another ld: warning can't open dynamic library ... How do I

Postby kazoo » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:43 pm

Hi All,

Please, please pls ...... I've got a project in Porject Builder that won't link. It tells me:
ld: warning can't open dynamic library: /Users/doug/Library/Frameworks/IOScionFG.framework/Versions/A/IOScionFG (checking for undefined symbols may be affected) (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

This project came from Doug's machine. I've switched over his framework search paths to mine. There are no other search paths define in his project. I can't find the make file in Project Builder. If I could I would try to dump out where it's getting this path from. Can anybody lend a clue as to how I get the linker not to look for that framework in that search path?
kazoo

Re: another ld: warning can't open dynamic library ... How d

Postby kazoo » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:58 pm

OK, I just needed to add the Framework to the project from the framework directory in System/Library. duh

Now I'm trying to find out what happened to ResEdit. It's gone! Something new has taken its place. So now I'm stuck on getting the resource to link:
BuildPhase <LinkWithFrameworksAndLibraries>stester.app

Mkdir /Applications/Scion SDK/samples/stester/build/stester.build/stester.build/ResourceManagerResources
/bin/mkdir -p "/Applications/Scion SDK/samples/stester/build/stester.build/stester.build/ResourceManagerResources"

ResMergerCollector.initial /Applications/Scion SDK/samples/stester/build/stester.build/stester.build/ResourceManagerResources/stester.rsrc
/bin/rm -f "/Applications/Scion SDK/samples/stester/build/stester.build/stester.build/ResourceManagerResources/stester.rsrc" && /Developer/Tools/ResMerger -o "/Applications/Scion SDK/samples/stester/build/stester.build/stester.build/ResourceManagerResources/stester.rsrc" -dstIs DF stester.rsrc
### ERROR (file:ResMerger.c, line:133): failed to open source file (-39)
...failed ResMergerCollector.initial /Applications/Scion SDK/samples/stester/build/stester.build/stester.build/ResourceManagerResources/stester.rsrc ...
...removing /Applications/Scion SDK/samples/stester/build/stester.build/stester.build/ResourceManagerResources/stester.rsrc
kazoo

Return to Compile Problems