Gaim 0.44 - can't open libintl.1.dylib

Discuss installation and usage of the packages from macosx.forked.net.

Gaim 0.44 - can't open libintl.1.dylib

Postby foxbat » Thu Nov 22, 2001 9:05 pm

I just installed gaim 0.44 from the macosx.forked.net networking package page, and I did install all the prereqs as it asked (those being: glib, gtk, libiconv and eSound, as linked to from the gaim entry). I did this while logged in as root, which is what some of the packages asked for. I try to run gaim now, and I get a "dyld: gaim can't open library: /usr/local/lib/libintl.1.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)" error. I verified that there is in fact no file called libintl.1.dylib in that directory. I do have Xdarwin installed, as well as Xfree, and it does work properly otherwise. I am running it in rootless mode with OroborOSX as my window manager. Any help would be appreciated.

---
Foxbat
foxbat

Re: Gaim 0.44 - can't open libintl.1.dylib

Postby apex » Fri Nov 23, 2001 7:15 am

Install libintl from <A HREF="http://www.macosx.forked.net/libs.php3" TARGET=_blank>http://www.macosx.forked.net/libs.php3</A> .
apex

Postby foxbat » Sat Dec 01, 2001 3:50 am

ok.... so not being an idiot, I solved the next two library problems by finding the associated libraries on the libraries page. However, I can't find a library associated with /usr/local/lib/libaudiofile.0.dylib. I do have the esound lib installed, as well as all the others listed on the gaim description. Once again, any help would be appreciated.

---
Foxbat
foxbat

Postby ThanatosX » Wed Dec 05, 2001 2:20 pm

Use fink for that one mate there is an audiofilelib as well I as I rememeber which you will need.
ThanatosX

Postby <MaxiQ> » Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:29 pm

I had similar problems with it workin, but xmms not being able to output (error msg). what i did was killed off ALL sound daemons, which was the artsd and esd
$ killall esd; killall artsd
Then it worked like a charm....as for the quality, tis good, no probs, could have just been the network u guys were on, who knows, i have a 100mbps personal switch for my two machines......

give it a go and also cheers to those for the help for me to get this to work [img]images/icons/wink.gif"%20border="0[/img]

Maxi. =)
<MaxiQ>

Return to Ported Packages