running rdesktop?

Discuss installation and usage of the packages from macosx.forked.net.

running rdesktop?

Postby <endquote> » Wed May 15, 2002 12:59 am

So um, maybe I'm clueless here, but I downloaded and installed rdesktop, but how do I run it? I have xdarwin installed, but I have no idea where rdesktop installed to.
<endquote>

Re: running rdesktop?

Postby cls » Tue May 21, 2002 10:57 pm

It's installed to: /usr/bin/rdesktop

Connecting is a simple as:

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">code:</font><hr><pre>rdesktop server</pre>[/quote]

I've got that all working fine. But my keyboard (on an iBook) is not mapping correctly so I can't type my password to get in.

Anyone have any suggestions there?

-cls
cls

Postby vond freedom » Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:34 pm

I've got that all working fine. But my keyboard (on an iBook) is not mapping correctly so I can't type my password to get in.

Anyone have any suggestions there?

-cls[/QB]

I had the same problem on my ibook...played around with it and finally got it to work when I changed the keyboard mapping file in the XDarwin prefs to "UK.keymapping". Anyone know why this works and not the US.keymapping file?

- owen
vond freedom

Postby <tomeppy> » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:39 pm

according to the macosx.forked.net site there is nothing required to run rdesktop, but based on the error that i am getting

"dyld: rdesktop can't open library: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)"

it is obvious that i need some form of x11 installed. could someone let me know what specifically is needed for me to use this app?

the ms remote desktop app sucks big time and i am desperate for a different app to admin my companys win2k boxes without having to give up my precious mac.
<tomeppy>

Postby <sdasda> » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:07 pm

aassdasd
<sdasda>

Return to Ported Packages