esound porblems

Discuss installation and usage of the packages from macosx.forked.net.

esound porblems

Postby <Clarus> » Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:35 am

I am trying to run Xmms on Mac OS X. I have got it installed and all the libraries are in place. It launches fine, but complains about the soundcard being busy (this seems to be a common newbie problem). But I have tracked it back to esound. I have tried all the tips and tricks I have found around on this site. Yet I still can't get esd to start properly. Whatever options I choose I get this output :

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">code:</font><hr><pre>using device Built-in audio controller for output:
with sample rate 44100.000000, 2 channels and 32-bit sample
unsupported device.</pre>[/quote]

The version of esound I am using is : 0.2.23. Installed with Fink.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I am on a B/W G3 300 Mhz, 512mb RAM. I have no extra soundcards or anything. Is my soundcard not compatible?! (never thought I would have to ask that about a Mac! [img]images/icons/grin.gif"%20border="0[/img] )

Thanks
<Clarus>

Re: esound porblems

Postby <Clarus> » Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:19 am

Just thought I should let you all know that I solved this problem yesterday. The problem was ridiculous [img]images/icons/smile.gif"%20border="0[/img] The problem was my USB webcam. Esound was obviously trying to use it as a sound out! Ofcourse the webcam doesn't have a speaker, just a mic. Disconnecting the cam solved the problem.

Have a nice day! [img]images/icons/cool.gif"%20border="0[/img]
<Clarus>

Return to Ported Packages