Site News

Everything else.

Site News

Postby apex » Wed Oct 17, 2001 9:30 pm

As I'm sure you noticed I finished fishing last week and have been working on the website and new apps like mad.

I'm making a FAQ page and I'm fixing up some broken packages. Peter Loron has offered to build a structure to dynamically generate the website listings (yay!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif"%20border="0[/img]). We should see something come of that in the next few weeks.

ob1 is no longer doing any porting now that he is attending college in Wisconsin [img]images/icons/frown.gif"%20border="0[/img] We have also lost our forum moderator and contributor, jasont, somehwhere along the line. (if you are interested <A HREF="http://mailto:apex@forked.net" TARGET=_blank>mailto:apex@forked.net</A> [img]images/icons/wink.gif"%20border="0[/img])

I am looking into ways to generate revenue to support the site and ports (notice the donation button [img]images/icons/wink.gif"%20border="0[/img]). I'm also researching banners and advertising sponsors. The site is using close to 30 gigabytes of bandwidth each month with more than 10,000 unique visits.

So there is a lot going on here, and of course I have my web hosting business (which has gotten a nice boost from the advertising I'm able to do here), I just moved from portland to alaska and into a new home that needs *much* work. I'm still waiting for plumbing parts so I can have running water [img]images/icons/wink.gif"%20border="0[/img]

I hope the new content is helpful and you dont download too many broken packages! [img]images/icons/cool.gif"%20border="0[/img]
apex

Return to General Discussion