osx tutorials?

Everything else.

osx tutorials?

Postby schlaumehl » Thu Aug 09, 2001 6:15 pm

once ther was a bunch of good tutorials on macosx.org but it looks like apple has overtaken the site-name. as far as i knew the site was maintained from chevell. Is there any new website where i can find the tutorials and the best osx-stuff??
schlaumehl

Re: osx tutorials?

Postby jasont » Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:58 pm

How about all the packages here get a tutorial on how they were (at the very least) compiled. Registering them to version tracker would help get some traffic here too.
jasont

Postby apex » Tue Aug 14, 2001 10:25 pm

Originally posted by bernie:
once ther was a bunch of good tutorials on macosx.org but it looks like apple has overtaken the site-name. as far as i knew the site was maintained from chevell. Is there any new website where i can find the tutorials and the best osx-stuff??

[link]macosx.org[/link] was down for a bit to upgrade thier network. It is working at this time.
apex

Postby apex » Tue Aug 14, 2001 10:27 pm

Originally posted by jasont:
How about all the packages here get a tutorial on how they were (at the very least) compiled. Registering them to version tracker would help get some traffic here too.

Aye, some more information would be nice. I'll see what I can do. I'll also look into versiontracker, though last i checked they only seemed to accept cocoa/carbon applications.
apex

Postby jasont » Fri Aug 17, 2001 6:13 am

versiontracker has been putting up the binary distributions of mysql and php, to name just a few. But there is not better source for mac os x installers than here so you might want to put it up. You'll get good reviews [img]images/icons/wink.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-j
jasont

Postby apex » Fri Aug 17, 2001 6:42 am

yep, in the last 3 days i posted VIM, mc, and ettercap on versiontracker. good thinking [img]images/icons/grin.gif"%20border="0[/img]
apex

Return to General Discussion