you guys rock!!!

Everything else.

you guys rock!!!

Postby raxa » Sun Sep 02, 2001 12:50 pm

This is just a thank you note to all working on this site and porting appz for Mac OS X. Your work is grea, you all rock!!!

Btw, i also would like to let you know that if this site ever requires a pay membership i'llbe the first to sign up for.

keep up the good work..

raxa
raxa

Re: you guys rock!!!

Postby apex » Sun Sep 02, 2001 3:32 pm

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif"%20border="0[/img] thank you!

It makes it all worthwhile to hear such a positive comment. [img]images/icons/smile.gif"%20border="0[/img]

P.S.
<shameless spam>
If you want to help us out, go get a shell or webhosting account from <A HREF="http://www.forked.net" TARGET=_blank>www.forked.net</A> or email me [img]images/icons/wink.gif"%20border="0[/img] </shameless spam>
[img]images/icons/cool.gif"%20border="0[/img]
apex

Postby TealV6 » Tue Sep 25, 2001 4:14 pm

Hey... I too just wanted to let you know that this is a nice little place to find info!!! I've found a few answers that I needed already [img]images/icons/smile.gif"%20border="0[/img]

I am far from knowing anything about *nix but I'm trying hard. I know too much about the Mac OS and it is VERY different things.

If you all know of any good place for me to start learning (other than just breaking what I have [img]images/icons/grin.gif"%20border="0[/img]) I would appreciate that too!!

Thanks
Teal
TealV6

Postby samad_lotia » Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:51 pm

Read Linux For Dummies. You'll learn a lot about using the shell. Skip all the stuff about the X Window System. If you have a good handle over your system, get into C programming or at least Perl. Programming for Unix/Linux is a lot easier than for the MacOSX. (Common, GTK+ and Qt is a lot more easier to work with than Carbon.)
samad_lotia

Return to General Discussion