shout or ices

Ask us to port a specific application.

shout or ices

Postby jubchai » Sun Sep 16, 2001 1:26 pm

Please port shout or ices so I can finally set up a good streaming station...
jubchai

Re: shout or ices

Postby apex » Mon Sep 17, 2001 4:11 am

shoutcast is already available here and from their official website.
apex

Postby cjs » Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:07 pm

I think the original post was referring to Shout, the mp3 streamer that comes with Icecast, not Shoutcast (from AOLTW). Shout takes a list of mp3s on the commandline and streams them to a Shoutcast/Icecast server of your choosing.

I tried to build this last night but ran into problems. I would find an OS X port very useful for a project that I'm working on in my spare time: getting Washington Dulles Air Traffic Control radio streamed over the Internet.
cjs

Postby apex » Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:58 pm

Do you have an url to ices? I've been porting some streaming applications recently -- icecast, liveice, lame and some others. Ill get a complete working system and some docs uploaded ASAP.
apex

Postby <Forcer> » Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:21 pm

You will find ices at http://www.icecast.org/ -> download.

I downloaded it, tried to compile it.. but, of all things, it stopped when checking if I had python. Just stopped.. I left it alone for an hour... nothing happened.

Tried that a few times, same error everytime.. and yes, I do have python installed, and yes, i tried to specify the path..

It would be great to have this thing! But, when you compile it, please include lame so that we can reencode streaming on the fly !
<Forcer>

Postby jpm » Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:47 am

i actually don't think that icecast has any external dependencies. if on a mac os x v10.2+ or darwin6.0+ machine python is preinstalled but there are some issues building icecast with python support. this can easily be avoided by sending configuring with the arg '--without-python'

IceS only requires libshout which can be easily compiled and installed. lame is also easily built/installed by configure; make; sudo make install;

if building/installing from souce is an option -- icecast, ices, libshout and lame are all available from darwinports and fink...
jpm

Return to Requests