KaZaa Media Shell

Ask us to port a specific application.

KaZaa Media Shell

Postby basher » Sat Jan 19, 2002 7:23 pm

This is available for linux, runs out of the terminal. I had problems getting it to run successfuly in freebsd 4.4 with linux compatability on. Check it out. www.kazaa.com and see if you can port it. thanks
basher

Re: KaZaa Media Shell

Postby thereddon » Mon Jan 28, 2002 12:02 am

Forget about Kazaa. Its dead and a waste of bandwidth. We could be working on more useful ports than this.
thereddon

Postby DannyMac » Sun Feb 03, 2002 2:01 am

Pfft, like what? another gnutella client? please... We need a gnutella client like Bill Gates needs money. Mac users need a kazaa/Morpheus client BAD. (KaZaa == Morpheus, btw). Audio Galaxy? please... can't download anything interesting anymore. I am very envious of my PC friends who are downloading mp3s, full lengh films, music videos... you name it. What's more important than a KaZaa/Morpheus client that needs to be ported instead?
DannyMac

Postby samad_lotia » Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:37 pm

It might be possible to figure out Kazaa/Morpheus's protocol using nmap and installing that x86 binary emulator. One could run the Kazaa binary w/ the x86 emulator and use nmap to sniff all the outgoing packets from the Kazaa client to the server.
samad_lotia

Postby aplatanao » Sat Feb 23, 2002 9:17 pm

um i dont know if you knew, i think so, but it is possible to run kazaa and edonkey2000 on macs.. all t takes is the ugly virtual PC, but here's MY problem, when i used kazaa and edonkey on mac os 9 they worked fine, until i swuitched to X... now they both give me winbloze errors and dont install, there is a way to install edonkey on OSX but its still a bit complicated for me, i need icons hehe and it uses darwin and stuff, edonkey is coming out with a client soon i hope, im desperate too, hotline is my only alternative for now, for games and crap... but its so hard to find a movie server thats actually fast and reliable... oh well, this is the price we pay for having our beautiful macs... "i know sineday well be the only ones"

i hope i helped a bit, can somebody relate!? hehe

thanks
aplatanao

Postby orange1 » Mon Feb 25, 2002 7:07 pm

if you don't like the command line environment for donkey, they have a java runtime deally as a frontend for the client:
http://www.edonkey2000.com/files/ed2k_3.jar
http://www.edonkey2000.com/files/donkey.tar.gz
--
-willy
Freedom will henceforth be compulsory. -Random Party Manifesto
orange1

Postby kalleboo » Tue May 28, 2002 3:38 pm

Port Direct Connect instead... it's another popular file-sharing tool. Here's a linux version with free source:
http://ac2i.tzo.com/dctc/
kalleboo

Postby markamon » Sat Sep 28, 2002 5:42 am

Limewire is a gnutella client for Mac OS X and can be downloaded from http://www3.limewire.com/download/LimeWireOSX.zip . You can get MP3's, Movies, and anything else you could get on Kazaa or Morpheus
markamon

Postby jpm » Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:22 am

neo is a nice cocoa client that can access the kazaa network (not a full blow client mind you).

mldonkey is a p2p client that supports the edonkey2k, direct conect, kazaa and many other networks. it has several dependencies (ocaml and lablgtk) but a port will be available from darwinports soon.

pyslsk (mirror main site down) is a python based soul seek client. dependencies include wxPython and either wxGTK or wxPython. again a port will be available shortly from darwinports as soon as i resolve an issue with the wxPython port.

a cocoa soul seek client, soleseek ,is currently in an early alpha stage as well...
jpm

Return to Requests