glib 1.2.10

Find out how to get that @*&^$&@ thing to compile!

glib 1.2.10

Postby psyba » Fri Oct 26, 2001 11:54 pm

While trying to compile GAIM, I needed to get GTK and Glib, but the ones here aren't really working for me... So i am trying to compile the latest builds myself. I get GTK to compile fine if I skip the glib test with the glib binary here, but I get some error about -ldl that installs with glib? when trying to compile GAIM and with GTK with the glib test? Anyways, i get this error when I 'make' glib:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">code:</font><HR><pre> /bin/sh ./libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=g_log_domain_glib -g -O2 -Wall -c giounix.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=g_log_domain_glib -g -O2 -Wall -c giounix.c -o giounix.o
giounix.c:1317: bad macro argument list
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in basic mode
make[2]: *** [giounix.lo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2 </pre>[/quote]

what the hell is this [img]images/icons/grin.gif"%20border="0[/img] I've been trying to get tons of help with this, someone said it might have somethign to do with m4.... I don't know, but plz help, thanks
psyba

Re: glib 1.2.10

Postby psyba » Sat Oct 27, 2001 12:01 am

gah, damn back button, sorry, i just saw the 1.2.10 glib here, but still... how did you get it to compile, or what is up with that error?
psyba

Re: glib 1.2.10

Postby jcpowers21 » Sat Nov 03, 2001 10:17 pm

Delete config.cache then whenever you configure it use this:

setenv CFLAGS -no-cpp-precomp ; ./configure

If you use that it will configure, make, then install fine. I like using the setenv better than editing each makefile and changing the cflags. Sometimes makefiles don't even have the spot for cflags so you have to configure it the way I showed above.

Justin
jcpowers21

Return to Compile Problems