ncurses "Undefined Symbols"

Find out how to get that @*&^$&@ thing to compile!

ncurses "Undefined Symbols"

Postby macavenger » Fri Dec 07, 2001 8:01 am

I just downloaded ncurses from this site and installed it on my computer running OS X 10.1.1, but whenever I try to compile my program which uses the <curses.h> header file, I get an

"/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_keypad
_move
_refresh
_wgetnstr
_winsdelln"

error. Of course, if I don't use any of the above functions I don't get this error, but that tends to negate the whole purpose of using curses.h in the first place. What can I do to fix this?
macavenger

Re: ncurses "Undefined Symbols"

Postby macavenger » Mon Dec 17, 2001 3:51 am

Can anyone tell me where I can go to get help on this issue?
macavenger

Postby apex » Sat Dec 29, 2001 1:42 am

you're using the wrong curses header. take a look around.
apex

Postby macavenger » Sat Dec 29, 2001 4:21 am

Thanks for the response, and I apologize if I sounded/sound impatient. I am using the curses header installed by the ncurses package I downloaded from this site. If this is the wrong header, where can I get the right one? Just to be sure, I started over clean today. With a clean install of OS X, I installed the apple developer tools, and compiled my program. Everything worked fine. I then downloaded and installed ncurses 5.2 from this site. Again attempted to compile my program. Again, the undefined symbols error, even with the most basic curses commands such as move(...,...) or addstr(...). Thanks again for any help you can provide.
macavenger

Return to Compile Problems