cc1obj, cc1plus, and mozilla

Find out how to get that @*&^$&@ thing to compile!

cc1obj, cc1plus, and mozilla

Postby kilowatt » Fri Oct 05, 2001 6:08 pm

As many of you know, there are currently two distinctly different mozilla builds for the Mac OS X. One is basically the os9 version, ported/carbonized for Mac OS X. The other is the unix version, with a carbon frount end (why not cocoa... oh well).

I'm interested in building the unix-like version (http://www.mozilla.org/ports/fizzilla/Mach.html), but I can't get past this step. Step one says to update the compiler, and has two files listed that I need:
cc1obj, and cc1plus
But there are no links as to where to download them.

Does anyone know where to get cc1obj and cc1plus, and has anyone had any success with this branch?

Thanks in advanved, and macosx.forked.net ROCKS!
kilowatt

Re: cc1obj, cc1plus, and mozilla

Postby apex » Fri Oct 05, 2001 11:49 pm

I believe Dev Tools should have installed them. Mine are located in /usr/libexec/ppc/2.95.2/
apex

Postby kilowatt » Fri Oct 12, 2001 1:36 am

well, gave it a try, and I'm getting ld errors, here's some info the compiler spat out:
c++ -I/usr/X11R6/include -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wconversion -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-long-long -fpascal-strings -traditional-cpp -fno-common -I/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon -F/System/Library/Frameworks -DDEBUG -DDEBUG_liggett -DTRACING -g -I/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon -F/System/Library/Frameworks -arch ppc -compatibility_version 1 -current_version 1 -install_name @executable_path/libgfxxprint.dylib -o libgfxxprint.dylib ../xlibrgb/xlibrgb.o xprintutil.o xprintutil_printtofile.o nsDeviceContextXP.o nsFontMetricsXlib.o nsRenderingContextXlib.o nsGfxFactoryXP.o nsXPrintContext.o nsRegionXlib.o nsGCCache.o -framework Carbon -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXp -lXext -lX11 -L../../../dist/bin -lxpcom -L../../../dist/bin -L/Users/liggett/Downloads/mozilla/mozilla/dist/lib -lplds4 -lplc4 -lnspr4 -lpthread -ldl -bundle -L../../../dist/bin -L../../../dist/lib -lgkgfx -L../../../dist/bin -lxpcom -L../../../dist/bin -L/Users/liggett/Downloads/mozilla/mozilla/dist/lib -lplds4 -lplc4 -lnspr4 -lpthread -ldl -ldl -lm
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_strtok_r
make[3]: *** [libgfxxprint.dylib] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/Users/liggett/Downloads/mozilla/mozilla/gfx/src/xprint'
make[2]: *** [install] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/Users/liggett/Downloads/mozilla/mozilla/gfx/src'
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/liggett/Downloads/mozilla/mozilla/gfx'
make: *** [install] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/Users/liggett/Downloads/mozilla/mozilla'

It compiled LOTS of stuff... I mean, it was compiling file after file for over 1/2 hour.

I think ld has something to do with linking binaries together or something... I'm no expert. Anyway, at the Fizilla/mach home page, they say " Update the compiler. There is a bug in the linker on OSX 10.0.4 and 10.1." and, still, the links are non-existant. I've got the newest dev tools installed, too.

Thanks for all your help and support, macosx.forked.net
kilowatt

Postby apex » Fri Oct 12, 2001 3:57 am

Try replacing all occurances of strok_r() with strtok(). You will need to remove the last argument from strtok_r() when you change it.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">code:</font><HR><pre>
grep -r strtok_r src/
</pre>[/quote]
sample:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">code:</font><HR><pre>
token = strtok_r(NULL, " ", &blah);
</pre>[/quote]
becomes
token = strtok(NULL, " ");
</pre>[/quote]

good luck [img]images/icons/wink.gif"%20border="0[/img]

[ October 11, 2001: Message edited by: apex ]
apex

Postby kilowatt » Fri Oct 12, 2001 4:24 am

heh, "good luck"...

only like 30 files, or 45 occurances.. oh well ;-) no time like the present. I've got a few questions on how to edit a few calls, but I'll ask ya when I get to them.

Thanks, you da man!
kilowatt

Postby apex » Fri Oct 12, 2001 4:34 am

I just ported gawk, you could change all your occurances at once hehe. [img]images/icons/wink.gif"%20border="0[/img]
apex

Postby kilowatt » Fri Oct 12, 2001 4:53 am

someone suggested I try and impliment strtok_r instead of replacing it everywhere. I think I'm going to just replace it, though... my head hurts already

piece man
kilowatt

Return to Compile Problems